Top Lithium Producer Navigating a Challenging Environment
20 October 2020
- LTHM is a fully integrated lithium producer and “pure play” in the lithium sector. LTHM is one of the five largest lithium producers in the world, according to Roskill estimates.
- LTHM believes that it has one of the lowest cost and highest quality lithium brine resources in the world. LTHM produces lithium through its brine operation in Argentina, which LTHM believes provides a competitive advantage given the resources’ high lithium concentration, and LTHM’s extraction expertise.
- LTHM signs multi-year contracts with its customers. This allows LTHM to better manage lithium price fluctuations.
- LTHM’s largest revenue source is the Energy Storage market, and LTHM expects lithium hydroxide demand for batteries to increase 700% from 2020 to 2025. LTHM’s diversified product offering allows it to sell into several different end markets, including Energy Storage (~46% of 2019 revenue), Polymers (~19%), Greases (~10%), Synthesis (~9%) and other applications (~16%).
- LTHM is well capitalized after recently completing a Green Convertible Senior Notes offering. The company collected gross proceeds of ~$246M, which provides capital to navigate through the current oversupply environment and market headwinds caused by COVID 19.
Please log in to download the full report
|52 Week Range||$3.95-$12.53|
|Avg. Daily Vol. (30 day)||$3.1M|
|Shares Out (MM)||$146.25M|
|Market Cap (MM)||$1.60B|
|Short Int. (MM) / % of float||24.74M/18.48%|
|Revenue TTM (MM)||$309.5M|